Friday 10 February 2023

Rescan Disk Option Greyed Out | New Disks Not visible on Disk management | Update-HostStorageCache

 Recently I have added several LUN from NetApp Storage to Hyper-V servers.

But in the disk management I couldn't see those new LUN.
Existing LUN from same SAN is working, So no connections issues between Hyper-V, SAN Switch and SAN.

Rescan, Refresh options are Greyed Out in Disk management.




Generally will do reboot if it is VM, But Hyper-V during business hours may cause issues.
So go to PowerShell and execute the command (applicable to all Windows OS Hyper-V and VM) hereafter I won't reboot.



All my new LUN's are now visible, without an reboot :-) ;)



Share the learning, Keep it for future reference and Grow together.

Best Wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescan Disk Option Greyed Out | New Disks Not visible on Disk management | Update-HostStorageCache

  Recently I have added several LUN from NetApp Storage to Hyper-V servers. But in the disk management I couldn't see those new LUN. Exi...